Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Selfish Desire [Archive: Fall 2000]

I want to be loved.

I want to be held.

I want to feel safe,
In the arms of love.

Leave passion alone,
I have no need of it.

I want you forever beside me.

I want your words to come true.

I want you to mean what you say,
always, and betray me never.

I want to know that what I feel
Is justified, and not just a
joyous abandonment of reality.

I want to know the thoughts inside your head.
I don't want those thoughts to wound me.

I want to sigh because I am satisfied,
and not the other way around.

I want to look at you,
and know you know
how I really feel.

I want to see my future in your eyes;
I want you to see yours in mine.

I want to see your children grow,
And know that our love created them.
I want to see your hair turn gray,
so I can tell you it doesn't matter.

I want to look into your eyes,
one last time- forever.

I want to watch you grieve,
And watch you recover.

I want to watch you
Watch our children,
and remember how we used to be.

I want to wait for you
To join me- so that we might spend
Eternity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment